REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Seeking creative, energetic, and experienced marketing professional to direct the development, implementation and management of Oceanit’s marketing and branding functions. Provide support to Oceanit’s executive team and its business units, and collaborate with marketing consultants. Be a part of a multi-functional team that utilizes forward thinking and creative tools that will help to spread Oceanit’s brand as a premier innovation company of national stature.
Media Relations and Branding
- Assist in building a national media campaign.
- Build and implement a comprehensive branding campaign
- Proactively maintain regular media coverage through a variety of media outlets.
- Pursue and target local awards and technology recognition opportunities.
- Serve as an external spokesperson for Oceanit, particularly in the Hawaii market.
- Build and maintain Oceanit’s online presence and search engine optimization.
- Develop engaging experiences for visitors to Oceanit (interactive displays, exciting ambiance, etc.)
- Build and grow external relationships; bring in new groups of people to tour the facilities and educate them on Oceanit and technology in Hawaii.
- Coordinate external events including trade shows, speaking opportunities, events, conferences, presentations.
- Solicit and coordinate volunteers for community outreach.
- Manage conference attendance and registrations to ensure coordinated and comprehensive participation
- Direct, manage, and oversee the daily administrative and operations of the marketing staff.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Work effectively with the management team and staff to promote and implement strategic goals
- Develop website content and social media content
- Promote and ensures effective performance management – customer satisfaction, effective communication, on-time deliverables, quality control, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and strategic scorecards.
- Develop and maintain internal communications vehicles.
- Work with internal clients to identify their requirements and provide effective marketing consultation services.
- Develop strategies for effectively implementing tactics that will address agreed upon goals.
- Liaison with resources (vendors, graphics, administration, etc.) to implement/coordinate marketing campaign activities and events
- Provide marketing consulting services, including collateral material development, presentation and delivery for use at conferences, meetings and demonstrations.
- Conduct market and/or background research for proposal related activities. Assist with proposal development
- Assist with business development and commercialization initiatives.
Other duties as assigned.